Monday, July 23, 2007

Getting There...

I'm slowly getting back on track. I feel like everything has been spiraling out of control lately, but hopefully that has stopped. I jogged for the first time in a while on Saturday. I just picked up with my training schedule. It felt good. It was a 4 mile jog and while I was slow, I didn't have any problems completing it, which made me very, very happy. Also, just the fact that I was out doing something made me feel better. I've been feeling very gross and disgusting lately.

I'm also tackling getting back on track with WW. Some days are better than others. I just can't seem to get everything together at once. I'll start out really well in the beginning of the day, but by the end, it's all over. I need to get back to cooking for myself and not eating dinner at my parents' house so much. Or if I do eat over there, making healthy substitutions - like brown rice, instead of my mother's very tasty baked rice that I know for a fact has an entire stick of butter in it. I maintained last week, which was shocking. I hope that doesn't translate into a gain this week. We'll see.

P.S. - I read the entire new Harry Potter book on Sat. (although I didn't let myself go pick up my reserved copy until I completed my training jog - how's that for motivation?). It was fantastic. I won't comment on the content, in case people haven't read and/or finished it yet. But everyone needs to read it if they've kept up with the series. Or read the entire series. You're seriously missing out if you don't.

1 comments:

Kara said...

Getting back on track is the hardest part....I know I've said it before but it's sooo true! :) Such a big step, and I know we're going to rock the Cbus half! :)