Friday, July 06, 2007

Back on the Wagon

It's officially time for me to get back on the wagon - for WW and 1/2 Marathon training. I have gained a heartstopping 9 lbs. since the Indy Mini Marathon in the beginning of May. That is completely unacceptable and I feel gross. Not too mention I haven't really worked out since the 1/2 Marathon, so since the beginning of May. Again, this is unacceptable.

Today is my first day completely back on WW. So far, so good. Hopefully, I'll make it through dinner tonight because my brother's girlfriend is making Dirt Cake. I absolutely adore Dirt Cake, plus it's TOM so anything chocolate I want to eat. It will be a struggle.

This week is also my first week of 1/2 marathon training for my next race. I'm doing the Columbus 1/2 Marathon on Oct. 21, 2007, with Kmbuckeye. Actually, not really "with" ~ she will leave me in the dust. But I will definitely see her at the finish line :-).

Goals for the Next Couple of Months:
1. Lose the weight I have gained by being lazy and off program, so lose 9lbs.
2. Complete ALL the training days on my schedule. I didn't really do all the training I was supposed to do for my first 1/2 marathon, i.e. the cross-training.
3. Keep myself accountable on my blog again. I've gotten away from doing this, but no more.

1 comments:

Kara said...

Congrats for being back on track! Making the decision to do that is the first (and often the hardest) step, I have found.

I am so excited about the Columbus half....we'll definitely have to celebrate at the finish - esp. since I plan on being upright this time :)