Sunday, February 10, 2008

No Clever (or even semi-clever) Title This Week

No, your eyes do not deceive you - I am up 0.4 lbs. on the year. Whoops. I pretty much ate like there was no tomorrow last week. I am not sure why, but I imagine if I took a minute to think about it, it would help tremendously with my weight loss effort. I'll have to put it on my "to do" list.

As for the 1/2 marathon training, it's going pretty well. I ended up doing 4 miles last week for my long run. It went better than I expected. I averaged 13:42 min./mile, which may not seem great for most people. However, if you factor in that I haven't run since last May (7 months) and that I've gained a significant amount of weight, it's not too shabby. It's more than a minute faster per mile than I averaged when I first started running this time last year. I need to shave off 42 seconds/mile in order to meet my goal of finishing the Indy Mini in under 3 hours. I feel like that is an awful lot of time. Yikes.

I also ran 4 miles this week for my long run. I was supposed to do 5 miles this week according to my schedule. But, I decided to do only 4 miles again since it was only my second long run and I didn't want to overdo it early on. Also, it was extremely windy yesterday (gusts up to 20-30 mph) and I was running outside, so I doubt I would have made it another mile even if I wanted to.

This week I'm going to focus on staying OP. I've also decided to give a couple things up for Lent, even though I'm not Catholic and I don't have to give anything up for Lent: (1) no dessert after dinner and (2) no soda/pop during the week. As a side note, I'm not completely giving up sweets. I'm just not going to be eating them after dinner.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think those are good things to give up. i may copy you and also give up sweets after dinner. i think that would help.