Friday, October 27, 2006

No Weigh In

I didn't weigh in this week because I didn't have time. I've been cleaning and painting my new room at my brother's place and trying to pack my apt. up. It's been more difficult and time consuming than I originally thought. Mostly because I'm having to divide stuff up among three different places - there isn't enough room at my brother's for all my stuff and there is hardly any room at my parent's house to store anything (they haven't totally unpacked yet), so that leaves my grandma's basement. So I've been trying to decide what furniture and stuff I want/need at my brothers (that will fit) and what furniture and stuff needs to go to my grandmother's and the leftover will go to my parents. It's complicated. Basically, I have too much stuff.

It's amazing how much stuff I have accumulated over the past 3 years. Most of it large furniture. When I moved in, I had my bed, dresser, desk, bookcase, futon, 2 living room chairs, 3 side tables, 4 lamps and a kitchen table w/4 chairs. Since moving in, I have acquired another desk, a wing back chair, 6 side tables, 2 dressers, a desk chair, 4 lamps, 1 sewing machine with cabinet, another sewing machine cabinet (without the sewing machine in it), 1 wicker setee, a large tv cabinet and a rocking chair. (Note: This list isn't totals; it's additional furniture that I've either bought or was given). Not too mention all the kitchen stuff and decorations I have acquired. I think that's all. I'm not entirely sure where my roommate's or my dad's stuff fit when they each lived here. All in all, I have a lot of crap.

On a completely different note, I followed up with my doctor about my cholestorol today. I am now the proud owner of a prescription for Zocor. Apparently, that's the medication for people who have a family history of high cholestorol. The whole medication discussion was remarkably awkward because I wasn't expecting to be questioned about my sex life or pregnancy plans in order to get a prescription for cholestorol meds. But Zocor and pregnancy don't mix. Definitely, not an issue currently, but something to keep in mind in the future according to my doctor. Awesome.

0 comments: