Friday, November 03, 2006

Mental Block

Apparently, I have a mental block that inhibits my ability to lose the remaining 3.5 lbs. to get my 50 lb. star. I have been within 3.5 lbs. of my 50 lbs. star at least three times in the last three months and each time I hit a wall and gain weight back instead of losing it. This time I am truly embarassed to admit how much weight I have gained over the past two weeks. Who knew you could gain so much in fourteen days? Okay, here it is ~ 7.4 lbs. I keep trying to tell myself it's just a number. That's what my WW leader said last night when she weighed me in. It's not really helping. It might be just a number, but it's an extremely large and ugly number.

So it's a good thing that this week is the kick off week of the Bringing Sexy Back challenge. I'm very excited! It will keep me motivated. I started this blog at the end of the last challenge, which was the last time I continuously lost weight over an extended amount of time. Go figure.

In any case, I suspect that once I begin to stay OP and make my return to the gym (and treadmill #13 - it misses me), that the horrendous amount of weight that I've gained will go away. I haven't been OP or to the gym in 2 weeks. Moving really messes with your schedule. It's a pain in the arse.

0 comments: