Friday, September 08, 2006

Burning in Hell

Not only am I going to hell, but I'm probably going to spend some time burning when I get there. "Why?" you ask. Because not only did I almost run over an old man while making a right-hand turn on to Bethel Rd., but then I yelled at him. He started it.

This is what happened: I pulled up to Bethel Rd. to make a right hand turn, look to the right, didn't see anything. Looked to the left, into the sun, to see oncoming traffic. Waited a minute or so for cars to pass, and then started to roll on to Bethel Rd. I hadn't even hit the accelerator yet (thank you, Lord). All of sudden there was an old man in front of my car who pounded on the hood and kept on walking past. Whoops, almost ran over old man. Naturally, I felt bad, so I rolled down my window some more to call out an apology to him. Next thing I know, he turns around and starts yelling at me - "What the hell is your problem?! Can't you see anything, don't you look?!" (Sidenote: The ironic thing is I was coming from the eye doctor because I can't really see out of my glasses which I was wearing).

What happens next is why I going to burn in hell. The old man made me mad by starting to yell at me when I tried to apologize. So instead of apologizing, I yelled back. I believe my exact words were, "Don't be such a jerk-off. I didn't see you and if you would've waited 5 seconds, I would've apologized. Now I won't. Being old doesn't give you an excuse to be an asshole." Then I drove away.

Being mean to an old man who I almost ran over = Burning in hell

1 comments:

Becardi said...

At least you'll have company in hell! I'll be there too!