Thursday, February 12, 2009

Irritating...

I'm irritated that I only lost -0.4 lbs. this week. I never should've gotten on the scale at the gym. Then I wouldn't have expected a bigger loss at WW tonight. Here's what happened. Last week I got on the scale at the gym after I had worked out on Wed. I had really only been on track since Mon. At WW the next night, I was 3.2 lbs. lighter than I had been when I got on the scale at the gym.

Yesterday, I got on the scale at the gym and, lo and behold, I was down 4.2 lbs. from what that scale had said the previous Wed. So I was all excited. I thought I was going to have great loss tonight at WW. I couldn't wait to the meeting to WI. I was actually on time instead of strolling in about 5 mins. late. But then I got on the scale at the meeting, I was only down 0.4 lbs. from the week before. Which leads me to believe that the scale at the gym is on crack. I'm not getting on it anymore. I never should've gotten on it in the first place.

I'm also irritated by the little loss because, as of yesterday, I had religiously journaled for 10 straight days. And I didn't cheat at all. I wrote down every single thing I had shoveled in my fat little face. Even the day I ate 45 points. Also, I didn't use all of my bonus points. I only used about 2/3 of them. And I went to the gym 4 times in the past 7 days. I feel like I should've lost more weight this week. It's irritating!

Not to mention, my irritation at the small loss is overshadowing the fact that I have been journaling and exercising regularly for almost two weeks. Which is fantastic. I can't remember the last time I journaled for 10 days in a row (today is the 11th). I suspect it was sometime in the early part of 2007, when I was actually losing weight. I also can't remember the last time I worked out 4 times in seven days. Again, it was probably sometime in the beginning of 2007 when I was training for the Indy Mini. I'm going to try to get over my irritation.

I do have to say, that although I accurately journaled for the past 10 days, maybe I didn't make the best choices. I was a little light on the fruits and vegetables. I work on that for the next week and see if that makes a difference.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I am mega-impressed with you!!! I have been off the wagon for a couple weeks and I have gains to show for it... I did join a gym again, finally, last week so that is a plus. You should be very proud and a loss is still a loss!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!