Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm Having Second Thoughts

About this whole 1/2 Marathon thing. First, I got my race booklet in the mail a couple of weeks ago and it has completely freaked me out. There are 26 starting corrals with approximately 1500 people per corral. That's like 35,000 people. Plus, there are these rules and an emergency weather flag system. It's kind of scary.

Second, I have really slacked in my training over the past three weeks and it shows. I barely made it through my 8 mile jog yesterday and I had to walk the last 2 miles or so of it. In my defense, it was pretty breezy and due to the direction of the wind and trail I was on, I jogging into the wind coming and going. But in reality, that is no defense. The 8 mile jog should have been a piece of cake yesterday and it wasn't. This distresses me. Not too mention the thought of having to do another 5.1 miles on top of that. I wouldn't have made it yesterday. I hope I can pull it together in the next 2 weeks.

On a good note, I did lose 1.5 lbs. last week. So that made me happy. Hopefully, I can keep it up this week.

4 comments:

broccoflower said...

Pull it together, skank. You can do this!

Starfruit said...

Gee, thanks for the heartwarming motivation ;-). Just wait till two weeks before your 1/2 Marathon.

broccoflower said...

I'm not jogging it, no pressure for me lol

Kara said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! I have completely slacked off in my training...pretty much the entire time. I'm scared crapless but I'm going to do it. The worst thing that happens is you walk more than you thought you would, but either way it's a great accomplishment and learning experience!! All that a lot of people means is that there will be people at all levels and you will feel more comfortable.

Before my half in September, I couldn't even jog 3 miles two days before and I was freaking out. But once you get there and there is music and a ton of people, you will be able to do it - I promise!!!