Tuesday, August 22, 2006

And So It Begins...

After spending the past few months reading the blogs of my friends, I've decided to start one of my own. For the most part, I think it's going to be an attempt to chronicle my seemingly neverending journey to lose weight. Basically, I'm trying to keep myself motivated by being publicly accountable. I'll probably touch on some other subjects as well, such as my ongoing job search, rants about things I can't control, books I've read recently, etc. The plan right now is to post at least once a week (Thurs. or Fri.), but I'll try to post more often than that once I get the hang of this.

Here's some background info on me for those who don't already know it. I first joined Weight Watchers ("WW") in October 2001 - almost 5 years ago. To date, I'm pleased to say that I've lost about 45 lbs. However, I still need to lose another 60 lbs., at the very least, and maybe a little more than that. By the way, I probably won't post my actual weight ever, only how much I've lost. Maybe I will post it when I hit my goal, but don't hold your breath.

I'm currently doing the WW Core program, which has been really working out for me. I started this past June at the persuasion of my friend Broccoflower and since I started Core, I've lost a total of 12 lbs. So I highly recommend the Core program to everyone, especially to anyone who has been counting points and has hit a plateau. That's why I made the switch. Alright, that's all for now, but stay tuned.

0 comments: