Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Up One

NOTE: I tried to post this on Jan. 12, but for some reason Blogger was being a pain in the arse.

I'm not too upset about my gain this week - I've been eating like a pig. Luckily it wasn't a bigger gain, otherwise I might not fit into the dress I bought for Broccoflower's wedding. I'm very excited about the dress; it was a fantastic deal. I got it off the clearance rack at TJ Maxx for $16.01. Yay! I'm also very excited for the wedding. It's going to be a blast.

I start my 1/2 Marathon training this coming week. It should be interesting. Last week, I finally returned to the gym after taking like an 11 week vacation. I'm suprised I didn't drop a lung on the treadmill. I also got my Garmin GPS Forerunner 301. I can't wait to use it for my first outdoor run. The thing measures my distance and heart rate and it has a "virtual partner" that will tell me whether I'm going too fast/slow for the pace I've set. It also does some other neat crap. I think I'm a little too excited about my nifty gadget.

2 comments:

Becardi said...

Yeah for your Garmin - you can never be too excited about a new gadget, especially one that actually makes you want to workout!

Kara said...

I think you are just the right level of excited over your new gadget :) I never actually sat down and figured out all of the cool things it can do....maybe I should do that :)

Good luck with the training! Keep me posted on how it's going! :)