Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hello, 2010

It's been a very, very long time since I've done anything with this blog - about 8 months. And I can't guarantee that I'm going to return to blogging faithfully. I've done so in the past (pledged to blog) and haven't followed through, so I make no promises. If you look to the right, I have updated the information.

Yes, it's true. I have to wear and look good in that clover green dress on the right. Everyone keep their fingers crossed! To that end, I've gotten back on the WW wagon after an unsuccessful 8 months away in 2009. But shhhh...don't tell my mother. She hates WW with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. There's no reasoning with her. I'm doing WW online to keep it hush hush.

As you can see, so far, so good. I'm down 4.4 lbs. in the 3 weeks since I started. I've got my goal in mind. Ideally, I would like to be down a total of 50 lbs. by 7/31/10 (the wedding). That would mean a loss of 46 lbs. from today and an average of 2 lbs./week. Unlikely. Right now, my average is 1.5 lbs./week. If I can sustain that average loss, it would mean I'd be down a total of 40 lbs. by the wedding. So that's going to be my goal - 40 lbs. down by the end of July. Go me.

I'm training for another 1/2 marathon - the Capital City Half on 5/1/10. It's not going well. I haven't run in a week. Things aren't hopeless by any means, but I really need to get on track this week if I want to have any hope of finishing better than my last half. I did the Columbus Half Marathon this past fall. It was ugly and that's putting it nicely. Mentally, I just wasn't in the game. My legs decided they were only running 10 miles and they didn't want to run any of the last 3.1 miles. That meant I finished only 1 second faster than my very first half when I had the gimpy, sprained left foot. Very embarassing. I'm determined to conquer the half marathon. Any by conquer, I mean run/walk the entire 13.1 miles and finish in under 3 hours. Not wimp out at 8 miles or 10 miles like I have in the past 2 halfs I've done.

Though my half didn't turn out as I'd hoped, I was proud of myself last year with my running. From April to November, I did a race per month. I did 5Ks, 4 milers and a 10 miler. I think this year I'm going to start racing in March with the St. Patty's 4 Miler on 3/13/10. It keeps me motivated.

Ok, I've blathered on enough for now. I'll try to be back soon.

0 comments: