Friday, January 16, 2009

Oh, the horror...

So I had my first WI of the new year last night and it was horrific. I keep chanting to myself that it's just a number, but it's not working. It's a horrible number, horrible. I have gained 26 lbs. since May 2007. What the f*ck was I thinking and doing? Apparently, I wasn't thinking and only mindlessly eating for the past year and a half. Boo on me. I must get back on track this year.

On a different but related note, I have a food review. I have recently discovered Jimmy Dean D-Lights. I think they've been around for a while, but this is the first time I've had them. So far I've only tried the turkey sausage, egg white and cheese on a whole grain muffin option. It was very tasty and filling for breakfast and only 5 points. It definitely hit the spot, especially since I have been craving a sausage, egg and cheese biscuit from McDonalds. My only criticism is that they are expensive. I paid $6.29 (or maybe $6.99) for a box of 4 at Giant Eagle and that is an "extended reduced price." The normal price is $7.99, which definitely more than I want to pay. I love the convenience though. I'm too lazy to make my own version for breakfast in the morning. I'm going to have to work on how I can make my own convenient version of the sandwich. A version where I don't have to cook the sausage or egg, only reheat it.

Now on to my diatribe about The Biggest Loser. I don't think I like the new format - splitting up the teams and sending home half of the contestants after the first week. I'm glad that they have a chance to come back in 30 days. I'm also upset that Jerry got sent home this week. I liked Jerry. On the other hand, I do not like Joella and I wanted her to go home. She comes off as lazy and doesn't have the heart to be there or so it seems thus far. I love that Bob blew up at her during the last chance workout. I predict that Joella is going to be this season's Vicky (or Heba) and everyone is going to hate her. Hopefully, unlike Vicky, she won't last until the end of this season.

1 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm all for online support, since my WW status is also not pretty. I'll be here to motivate you whenever you want/need -- and probably even when you don't!

BTW, so excited I'm on your favorite blogs list! YAY!